Congratulations AXIOS Family, we have successfully made it one week into the New Year! The first week is usually where all of the new lifestyle changes we are looking to implement this year proves to be tried and true. It is a fact that making changes pushes us outside of our comfort zones and sometimes throws a monkey wrench in our routine. However, this doesn’t have to be a bad thing! All this month will be dropping little gems on our blog to help you find balance and avoid burnout!
OH, LOOK AT THE TIME!
When we are juggling all of the things on our to-do lists, time vanishes before our eyes! Keep the ball rolling this year with one-pot meals that are easy, efficient, healthy, and delicious! Today we are sharing one of our favorite recipes, Coconut Curry with Tofu. This meal packed with a variety of delightful flavors and is completely customizable! If Tofu doesn’t fit your family’s needs, feel free to add in any protein of your choice, enjoy!
- 1 cup basmati rice, or grain of choice (if using brown rice it will take longer than 30 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 (14 oz) package extra firm tofu
- 1–2 teaspoons Tamara or soy sauce or about 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup small diced carrot
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk, I used full fat
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional toppings: roasted cashews, cilantro, lime wedges, green onion
- Cook rice according to package directions. Once finished cooking remove from heat and keep lid on until ready to eat. Fluff with a fork before serving.
- Pat tofu dry (you can press it if you like but that will take longer than 30 minutes) and cut into bite size pieces. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add coconut oil, tofu and tamari or salt. Stir, cover with a lid and let cook until browned, 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and all the vegetables and cook another 3 minutes. Next, add the coconut milk, curry powder, garam masala and salt. Stir everything together well, cover with a lid and let cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Divide rice into 4 equal portions and top with equal amounts of coconut curry. Add any desired toppings you like and enjoy!
Are you currently a lover of one-pot meals? Tell us all about your favorite recipes, and how it has changed mealtime for you and your family! Do you have any other quick meal tips or suggestions? Share that with us too! Together our community will be balanced and thriving all year long!